Commercial Boiler Program
Program is designed to encourage the use of high-efficiency natural gas hydronic space-heating systems in commercial new construction and retrofits.
Funding Available – Incentives for condensing boilers will be calculated as follows:
– $10 per 1,000 BTU/hr for the first 600,000 BTU/hr
– $3 per 1,000 BTU/hr above 600,000 BTU/hr
– Maximum eligible incentive is $40,200.
Incentives for near condensing boilers will only be offered if used in a hybrid system with at least one condensing boiler. In this case, near condensing boilers are eligible for the following incentive:
– $3 per 1,000 BTU/hr.
Eligibility – To qualify for the program, a boiler plant must have an input rating of 400,000 BTU or higher.
Visit the website for an eligible boiler list.
Commercial HVAC Program
Program is designed to encourage the use of high-efficiency natural gas furnaces (ENERGY STAR® certified), boilers, rooftop units, unit heaters, and infrared radiant heaters in both commercial new construction and retrofit applications. It is targeted towards small to medium sized commercial buildings and provides incentives based on the incremental price of the energy-efficient products.
Funding Available – Incentives are based on the type, size, and number of units installed and range from $300-$2,000.
Visit the website for more funding details.
Eligibility – Visit the website for eligibility details.
Commercial Lighting Incentive
The Commercial Lighting Incentive provides non-residential customers in Saskatchewan with access to selected premium energy efficient lighting equipment (including ENERGY STAR® certified light fixtures) at a discounted price. The program is hassle-free and can help to significantly lower a business’s electricity costs.
– The Commercial Lighting Incentive is open to any Saskatchewan business that purchases lighting equipment through an electrical contractor
– The equipment purchased must be on the Qualified Product List and be sourced from one of the program’s participating distributors
Commercial Refrigeration Incentive
Program offers rebates on the purchase of qualified energy-efficient refrigeration products (including ENERGY STAR® certified products), such as:
– self-contained refrigeration units including refrigerators, freezers and display cases
– electronically commutated motors (ECM motors)
– evaporator fan controllers
– anti-sweat heater humidistat controls
– night covers
– strip curtains
– auto door closers for walk-in or reach-in freezers or coolers
Funding Available – Rebates of up to 50% on each of the purchases.
– Any business purchasing energy-efficient refrigeration products
– The equipment purchased must be on our qualified product list
Demand Response Program
Through this program, SaskPower pays its largest industrial customers to reduce or shift their electricity use. This allows them to be more responsive to peak demands so that power is there when needed.
Funding Available – In return for shifting or reducing their power consumption, customers enrolled in the program receive financial compensation.
Industrial Energy Optimization Program
Program is designed to help industrial facilities systematically identify energy waste and reduce the cost associated with electrical energy use during the production process. It offers participants personalized support geared at improving the efficiency of process operations, leading to reduced costs, emissions and impact on the environment.
Funding Available – The program offers financial incentives for the identification, development and implementation of energy management and capital projects.
– Industrial facilities operating in Saskatchewan;
– Your facility’s primary purpose is the manufacturing or processing of goods, or the extraction of raw materials;
– Your facility operates under North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes 21, 22, 31, 32, 33, or 486; and
– Your facility has an annual average of monthly peak demand equal to or greater than 1.00 MVA (megavolt ampere) and is served by SaskPower standard rates, time-of-use rates or oil field standard rates.
Walk-Through Assessment Program
Program offers Alberta businesses an energy efficiency assessment to help identify a variety of ways to save power.
Funding Available – SaskPower pays 90% of the cost of the assessment. Businesses receive recommendations to help save money and learn from an expert in commercial power efficiency.
– Businesses that use 300,000 to 600,000 kWh of power each year, whose primary use is not manufacturing.
– Customers who have a facility greater than 15,000 square feet.